OnePlus 6 breaks sales record:
OnePlus has revealed that they have managed to sell more than one million units of their latest OnePlus 6 smartphone in less than a month. Specifically, the company accomplished the feat in 22 days.
This is what OnePlus CEO Pete Lau said:
“Since before OnePlus launched, we’ve always taken care to listen closely to our users and deliver smartphones which combine design and power. The OnePlus 6 is our most balanced handset yet, combining style and speed for a unique experience. Our approach has been rewarded by returning users and new customers alike, and we’re grateful to the OnePlus community as the OnePlus 6 has become our fastest selling handset ever”
In comparison, both OnePlus 5 and 5T took around three months to cross a million milestones. The company also revealed that OnePlus 6 of 256 GB has proved to be the device’s most popular variant, although the sales figure for the model was not disclosed.
OnePlus also shared some other things related to OnePlus 6, as more than 15,000 people queued in 26 pop-ups in 11 countries around the world, and the OnePlus 6 launch event sold out with more than 1,000 tickets purchased in less than 10 hours.
This year, OnePlus has added a number of retail partners with major operators in Europe: Telia (Sweden), Three (Denmark) and Belsimpel (The Netherlands), and recently signed an agreement with Bouygues (France). Amazon in Italy, Germany, France, and Spain.
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- GPU: Adreno 630
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, planned upgrade to Android P
- Supported Networks: 2G, 3G, 4G LTE
- 155.7 x 75.4 x 7.8 mm (6.13 x 2.97 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 177 g
- Display: 6.28 inches, 98.4 cm2 (~83.8% screen-to-body ratio) – 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- RAM: 6 GB / 8 GB
- Internal: 128 GB / 256 GB
- Card slot: No
- Primary: Dual: 16 MP (f/1.7, 27mm, 1/2.6″, 1.22µm, gyro-EIS, OIS) + 20 MP (f/1.7, 1/2.8″, 1.0µm), phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flashautofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- Secondary: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3.1 Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh
- Price: EUR 520